Featured Recipe: Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into long, thin rectangles
- 1 large carrot, cut into long, thin rectangles
- 1 parsnip, cut into long, thin rectangles
- extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
Recipe makes 4 servings Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Scatter pieces of sweet potato, carrot, and parsnip onto a jelly roll pan; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until vegetables are partially soft, about 30 minutes. Scatter thyme sprigs over vegetables and drizzle with maple syrup. Return to oven and bake until vegetables are soft, about 15 more minutes.
- Calories – 218kcal – 11%
- Carbohydrates – 37.7g – 12%
- Cholesterol – 0mg – 0%
- Fat – 7g – 11%
- Fiber – 5.7g – 23%
- Protein – 2.4g – 5%
- Sodium – 176mg – 7%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.