A Post For Busy Moms Who Want to Get Fit & Stay Fit by Little Rock Personal Trainer Jeff McDaniel, BS, CPT
If you're a mom, you're busy. Whether you stay home fulltime, hold down an outside job, home-school your children or volunteer in your community, you've got a lot on your plate. What makes being a mom tricky is that you are never "off duty." It doesn't matter if it's morning or night or wheterh you are sick o well: you'l 'on call.' Your children need you and you are their biggest cheerleader.
However, in the midst of all the business, it is easy to forget to take care of you. Your reflex action is toput your children's needs before your own. What this means for many moms is a perpetual state of being tired, stressed out and unable to find the time, entergy or motivation for exercise.
Have you ever stopped to think, though, what kind of example you are setting for your children?
It is easy to forget that children are watching you, and you are their role model and they will mimic many of your habits and priorities. In fact, you don't even have to work hard to cause your children to model: it just happens.
If fitness and taking care of yourself is low on your list of priorities, your children will probably grow up not valuing fitness either. They will see you stressed out and tired, and they will likely conclude that there is no room in a normal life for fitness.
The solution is to begin making changes in your priorities so that health and fitness are high on the list, and then rearrange your schedule to accomodate these new priorities. After all, no matter how much you say you value health and fitness, it is your actions that tell the tale to your children. Your biggest challenge may be to "walk the talk."
What is the advantage of doing the hard work to live as though fitness and health are important? The advantage is two-fold: not only will you be healthier, but you will be equipping your children to live a life of fitness as well. Having seen it modeled for them in their own home, your children will find it much easier to fitness a priority for the entirety of their lives. Everyone wins.
Success Tips For Busy Moms
So the million dollar question is, "How?" How in the world does a busy find room for fitness in her schedule?
There are several things you can try as you build new habits. Read through the following tips and get ready to make a fresh start living a life of fitness for you and for your children.
- Plan. Without a plan, fitness simply is not going to happen. Pick a time in your schedule to go to the gym, or (insert link)work out at home if it is a "home workout day". Write it in your calendar, set a reminder on your phone and don't let anything keep you from keeping that appointment.
- Involve Your Children. If you find it hard to get away from the kids, exercise with them! Swim, run or take them to the gym with you for a fun afternoon. Involving them in workouts is a great way to instill in them the importance of working out.
- Find Friends to Workout With You. One of the best ways to stay committed to your workout plans is to get some accountability. Trade workout journals, workout together, and keep each other motivated!
- Be Kind to Yourself. Look, there are going to be some days when the chaos starts before your feet hit the floor in the mornings. When that happens, let it go. Don't beat yourself up and give up. Just pick it back up the next day and move forward.
Workout Resources for Busy Moms
There are plenty of efficient & effective workout solutions available. Busy moms just need to chose the one that best suits them.
- FastFit Busy Mom Makeover. Get into our 21 Day Busy Mom Fitness Program that will provide daily workout routines, a registered dietician-approved nutrition system that WORKS, and a guaranteed-success Support System of other moms JUST LIKE YOU who have the same goals and desires to move better, feel better, and look better. Click HERE To Get A Spot
- FastFit Workout Automator. This is our online, workout-at-home solution. Get the same workouts we do here at FastFit, but formatted for you to do at home. Workout Automator
- Fit Yummy Mummy Transformation Kit. This is a DVD program that my friend, Busy Mom Fat Loss expert, Holly Rigsby offers. The workouts are only 15 minutes but they produce amazing results! Click HERE
- Remember, living a fit lifestyle is not just about you. It's about your children. Do it for you, and do it for them!